In conjunction with the 9th International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science, BigDataStack is organising its workshop "BigData Infrastructures 2019".
We invite authors to submit original work to BigDataStack Infrustructures 2019.
All accepted papers will be published in a special section of the conference proceedings book - under an ISBN reference and on digital support.
This workshop is intended to bring together researchers working on big data infrastructures. Big data management is of key interest nowadays due to the large amount of data being generated every day in different domains ranging from user generated data to applications, across domains such as banking, transport, e-commerce and heathcare, among many others. Furthermore, this data is generated by a wide range of devices such as smart phones/tablets, physical sensors and online (micro-)services. Meanwhile, frameworks for analyzing, visualizing and consuming these data must take into account the distributed, noisy and probably incomplete nature of the data. Lastly, application developers use these frameworks in order to create new applications but also with the underlying infrastructure for the application deployment, dimensioning and tuning. Hence, big data infrastructures, act as a focal point for a wide range of developers and practitioners in different fields. This workshop aims to provide a venue for these diverse groups to come together to promote the creation of next generation data infrastructures.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Big Data Analytics (real-time and off-line)
- Big Data Search and Information Retrieval Techniques
- Big Data Acquisition, Integration, Cleaning, and Best Practices
- Hybrid Transactional Analytical Processing (HTAP) Databases
- Architectures and systems combining OLTP and OLAP.
- Graph and Context Models for Visualization
- Process Modeling and Mining
- Big Data Solutions Design Patterns
- Representative Data Sampling
- Automated/Semi-Automated Application Benchmarking
- Runtime Deployment Adaptation
- Real-time Application Monitoring
- Edge Computing
- QoS optimization through data placement
- Dynamic auto-scaling techniques in Big Data applications
- Big Data Architectures for Analytics Processes
- Consolidation in Big Data applications
Submissions must be in English, limited either to 10 pages for Regular Papers or to 7 pages for Position Papers in the CLOSER conference format (see: http://closer.scitevents.org/Templates.aspx)
All submissions should be made electronically through the PRIMORIS website
- Submission Deadline: March 6th, 2019
- Authors Notification: March 15th, 2019
- Camera Ready and Registration: March 25th, 2019
- Workshop: May 2nd, 2019, Heraklion, Crete
Further information at Closer2019