November 3rd 2-3PM
European Big Data Research for Industry. 3 projects. 7 sectors. 9 applications. 41 software components. Now what?
- I-BiDaaS (Industrial-Driven Big Data as a Self-Service Solution)
- BigDataStack (High performance data-centric stack for BigData applications and operations)
- Track and Know (Big Data for Mobility Tracking Knowledge Extraction in Urban Areas)
- I-BiDaaS: Prof. Sotiris Ioannidis, Technical University of Crete & Affiliated Researcher, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas
- BigDataStack: Dr. Yosef Moatti, Senior researcher at IBM Haifa, Israel
- Track and Know: Dr. Ibad Kureshi Senior Research Scientist, Inlecom Systems
Concept of the session, objectives and content description:
The session will last for 1 hour and will include introductory pitches demonstrating the research highlights from each project followed by a speaker-led discussion session aiming to answer the question of impact of this research and “what now”?
BigData research projects Track and Know (Big Data for Mobility Tracking Knowledge Extraction in Urban Areas), BigDataStack (High performance data-centric stack for BigData applications and operations) and I-BiDaaS (Industrial-Driven Big Data as a Self-Service Solution) host a session bringing together their research highlights barriers to adoption of BigData research in different sectors as well as the current and future impact of their research. Speakers will also elaborate on the concrete business questions that have been answered in the project pilots.
Key findings of 3 BigData research projects, barriers to adoption in different sectors and the future impact and sustainability of BigData research. A led group discussion on the impact and future of BigData research (exchange of questions, experiences, ideas triggered by a set of key questions)
Key messages: Future of Big Data research, Impact of BigData research to several sectors. Barriers to adoption of BigData tool sets by Industry.
The session will evolve around a led discussion for the participants to share their thoughts regarding the impact and future of BigData research. The discussion will be initiated by a set of questions to get the interaction going and to encourage participants to share their questions, experiences and views on BigData research and the adoption of project outcomes and toolsets in the different sectors. Output of this session will be a report with recommendations on Big Data technologies ready to contribute to a European Big Data ecosystem, what’s next?
Speakers/panelists who will be invited and initial agenda:
- Toni Staykova-Co-Founder and Vice President of International Education and Innovations UKeMED
- Alon Rozen - Professor of Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Dean, École des Ponts Business School, Paris, France
- Richard McCreadie - Lecturer in Information Retrieval and Data Systems at the University of Glasgow, UK
Watch the recording!
European Big Data Research for Industry. 3 projects. 7 sectors, 9 applications, 28 software components
Now what? I-BiDaaS, Track & Know and BigDataStack explain & discuss.
key questions launched by panel.(limit to 3)
Beyond 2020, contributing to the European Big Data ecosystem.